Tuesday 16 June 2009

The big leagues

Tom has given me some direction for my creative aspirations. It transpires there are websites where companies who are looking for new logos or some form of creative input list their needs and then freelance designers, or indeed anyone, can submit designs for and compete for cash prizes. What a fun idea. Great for the companies who need some freelance work done and great for me as I can tinker away making random designs, improve my skills and very possibly win a bit of cash at the end of it.

I have registered on a website called 99designs.com and have already submitted my first design. The brief was for a logo for a new software company that manufactures 3D rendering software for architects and landscaping companies. They wanted the logo to be either typographic or symbolic (or a hybrid of the two), preferably monotone (for faxes etc) and to encompass a 3D element. I have tried to stick to the brief as best I could, but see what you think.

I have no expectations to win this time around as there are already better designs than mine and 4 days still to go for further submissions. However it's all good practice and it keeps me off the streets. Below is the design I have submitted - I will continue to post any of my further entries to 99designs.com or any other design websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment